This article will show you how to install wordpress, As of right now it is the most popular blogging platform and it’s very easy to use.
Installing WordPress is a simple process that takes less than five minutes to complete, In this article i will show you how to install wordpress through your self-hosted Control panel.
I will teach you how to install WordPress using Softaculous (a Software installer in your Host control panel)
Now lets install WordPress Directly from the CPanel using Softaculous
Softaculous is a popular auto-installer script. It allows you to easily install popular web applications
like WordPress with just a few clicks. Hosting companies like Mochahost and hostgator use Softaculous in their control panel.
Simply login to your cPanel account and look for Softaculous icon or WordPress installer icon.
Once you click on the Softaculous button, you will be redirected to the page where you have to chose the application you want to install then,
Locate the “WordPress” , click on it and then click on the “install” link that will appear.
This will take you to the Next page where you will have to fill details about your website
- Choose Protocol; here is where you select http:// or http://www. as protocol. If your site has SSL and HTTPS, then you can select https:// or https://www. as protocol.
- you need to choose the domain name where you want to install WordPress. Most users want to install WordPress in their domain’s root directory, like example.com this leads us to 3.
- make sure the ‘In Directory’ field is blank, unless you want to install wordpress in a directory (folder) which means you can only access the wordpress you install by visiting the directory e.g example.com/word and not your homepage
Scroll down a bit and you will see the site settings section.
- Input your site name
- Input your site description
- Enter a username
- Choose a very good password with Big Alpha, numbers and symbols (stronger)
You can change all those details above later if you want, so that they are easy for you to remember. However, I strongly recommend you always use a strong password.
Next; you select a theme (you could change the theme later) and click the install button.
Softaculous will run the installer using the settings you provided. You will see a progress bar with installation status. It will take a couple of minutes, do not close the window until the progress bar reaches 100% otherwise this may affect your WordPress installation.
You will see a success message after the installation is finished. It will also show you a link to your website and another link to your WordPress admin area.
you can now click the links to take you to your wordpress installed website and also a link to your website admin page where you can now customize your website (Change themes, add plugins, write blog post etc.)
I hope this WordPress installation tutorial helped you learn how to easily install WordPress and if you have more questions please leave a comment below…